Last week, I was commissioned to make some first birthday party invitations for a co-worker. Here’s how they turned out:
I started by creating a design on the computer (I don’t get too complicated and just use some free fonts and the full extent of my Microsoft Word savvy for this). I added all of the text for my design, leaving room for my little ink splatter design in the middle. I was able to put 3 invitations on one 8.5″ x 11″ sheet to print them out more efficiently. Here’s an example of the word file (with silly details added so I’m not giving away anyone’s real address or phone number!).
After printing these out on some heavyweight card stock and cutting them (a little smaller than 4.25″ x 5.5″), I started on the rest of the design. This involved creating a mask for the number 1 from my Number It die set and aligning it in the middle of the empty space on the invitation.
I like how these turned out! Soon, customize-able versions of these will be available in the Shop!