The hubby and I are just back from a short getaway to NYC! We went down for a few days to celebrate my birthday and we had a fantastic time. I’ll share some photos from our trip in a later post.
Since my birthday is so close to the 4th of July holiday, I wanted to do something that was both fancy (out came the rhinestones) and patriotic.
- Revlon – Urban (a lovely deep blue with a bit of a purple tone)
- Essie – Blanc (a nice creamy white)
- Nail art Rhinestones in varying shapes and sizes – mostly round, a few tear-drop shaped (I think I got the ones I used from Sally Beauty)
- Scotch Tape (to tape off part of my nail on the fingers where only part of the nail is painted)
- Seche Vite Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat
I painted every nail with Essie Blanc, except for my thumb on each hand, which I painted with the Revlon Urban color. After each nail was dry, I used a pair of tweezers to place rhinestones along my nail bed. On my middle finger and thumb nails, I made the design more vertical. I used seche vite top coat to affix the rhinestones. You could also use nail glue, but I prefer a dab of the Seche Vite. Once everything was secure, I made everything matte with a coat of Big Matte Top Coat.
*this design was inspired once again by one I saw by @ninanailedit’s instagram feed.
And if you’re in search of more 4th of July nail inspiration, check out the Tie-Dye 4th of July Nails I sported last year: