Happy New Years’ Eve! I hope everyone enjoys their last night of 2013. This week I tried two different New Years’ nail art designs. The first one is a glitter gradient but unfortunately I had some slight camera issues (meaning the shutter speed was a little wonky and I didn’t look too closely at the photos before I had already removed the nail polish). New Years’ resolution #1 is for Kim to pay more attention to detail…
Hopefully you get the gist, the one salvageable photo actually came out kind of cool (IMHO):
- Essie – Sand Tropez (beige/nude base color)
- Essie – On a Silver Platter (painted at the top of the nail for the glitter gradient)
- Nail art rhinestones (I placed a few blue rhinestones on each nail to bring out the blue glitter in On a Silver Platter)
I love the glitters from their new Encrusted collection. I saw On a Silver Platter and kind of had to have it.
Next up is a fancy black and gold mani:
- Sephora by OPI – Never Enough Shoes (dark brown with subtle gold flecks for the dark base color)
- Orly – Luxe (for the gold tip on my index finger, gold ring finger and gold polka dots on pinky)
- Nail art rhinestones (two black ones on my ring finger)
Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!