Merry Christmas Eve! Have you finished your shopping? I had to exchange a few things this morning, which I thought was going to be a very bad idea as I was on my way to the mall, this morning, but it wasn’t too bad. Now I can finally say I’m finished.
I’ve been busy painting my nails, too. I have two holiday-inspired manicures to share today. The first is a very red green and white manicure with a caviar accent nail.
For this mani I used:
- China Glaze Below Deck (green)
- Orly Red Flare (bright red)
- Essie Marshmallow (white) with one coat of Milani white glitter polish on top
- Seche Vite Top Coat
- Microbeads (see my first caviar nails post for more about caviar manicures – for this accent nail, I just mixed red, green, silver and gold beads in a cup and poured them onto a wet topcoat on my nail)
The second is a really simple manicure using flocking powder to create the velvet effect.
- China Glaze Below Deck (for a green base coat)
- Seche Vite Top Coa
- Martha Stewart Glitter Flocking Powder (check Ebay or Amazon if you’re looking for it and can’t find it at your local craft store)
It doesn’t really translate well in the photograph, but I love the texture the flocking powder creates.
Radar is always somewhere nearby when I”m taking photos of my nails – and looking like a crazy person to everyone in the neighborhood. He’s on Santa-watch today.
For more holiday nail ideas, check out these posts:
What are you wearing on your nails for the holiday?