Today I thought I’d share a cute gift idea for Valentines’ day – or any holiday really. I made these boxes for friends at Christmastime, but I think the girly boxes and pink nail polish are totally V-day appropriate.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to print out the box top and bottom shapes onto some pretty flowery paper. Then I just folded and glued them together (much like I did with the Christmas Cookie Boxes). I figured it would be nice to put the mani-kits into some nice keepsake boxes so the ladies could keep them as long as they wanted. I also made the name tags by cutting and pasting smaller round circles onto larger scolloped circles and using a sharpie to write out everyone’s names.
In each kit:
- A girly shade of Nina Ultra Pro polish – I like this polish for little ones (some of these boxes went to friends’ daughters) because the formula is Toluene free.
- One top coat (varying brands)
- One multi-purpose nail file
- One polish remover pad (bought in a box of 10 at Target)
- One small jar filled with glitter or microbeads (from the scrapbooking section at the craft store) – I bought the jars in a pack of twelve and filled each one separately.
I put tissue paper inside each box then put all the goodies in, put the box tops on and tied the name tags on with some green baker’s twine. I think I love making gift boxes.