I never really thought spinach smoothies could taste any good, but I managed to concoct something that is now my go-to breakfast smoothie. I’m sure it helps that I added about 15 other ingredients but hey, whatever works, right? I’m now very easily adding more of those leafy greens to my diet by starting the day with a heaping helping of spinach.
- 2 cups vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1.5 cups (or a large handful) of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon flax seed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (or handful) frozen strawberries
Put everything in the blender and blend until it is nice and smooth and delicious. Makes 2 smoothies.